- May 20 – 21, Kalmiopsis Wilderness trip from McCaleb Ranch to Chetco Pass. Caravans to trailhead leave Selma, OR at 9:30am on Sunday, May 20, return to Selma by dark on May 21. Scout and brush the old trail from Chetco Pass to Slide Creek with new SMC crew leader Justin Rohde. Email him for sign-up and details. justin(a)kstrails.org
|Kalmiopsis leachiana at Johnson Butte|
- June 22 – 30, Kalmiopsis Wilderness trip from Vulcan Lake Trailhead, 28-miles east of Brookings, OR. Carpools leaving from Portland, Ashland and Grants Pass on June 21. Caravan departs from Brookings at 7am, June -22. Return to Brookings 6pm June 30. First basecamp is 5.5-miles from trailhead. Spend 5 days working between Box Canyon Camp and Taggart’s Bar. Relax for a day in the cool waters of the Chetco or Vulcan Lake, see the Kalmiopsis leachiana in full bloom.
- July 13 – 16, Soda Mountain Wilderness trip, one-hour east of Ashland, OR. Caravan departs from Ashland at 7am on July 13, returns to Ashland 6pm July 16. Enjoy four days exploring and working in the high country of the Cascade-Siskiyou National Monument.
- July 20 – 23, Soda Mountain Wilderness trip. Carpools depart from Ashland at 7am on July 20, returns to Ashland 6pm July 23. Take a long weekend and enjoy this newly designated Wilderness Area in Ashland’s backyard.
|SMC Volunteers in Chetco River|
- Aug 10 – 17, Kalmiopsis Wilderness trip from Babyfoot Lake Trailhead, 15-miles west of Cave Junction, OR. Carpools leaving from Portland, Ashland and Grants Pass on Aug 9. Caravan departs from Cave Junction, OR at 7am on Aug 10, returns to Cave Junction by 6pm on Aug 17. First basecamp is 14-miles from trailhead. Enjoy Oregon’s largest unimpeded and most pristine river, the Wild and Scenic Chetco. Preference given to Illinois Valley High-School Juniors, Seniors and other youth groups.
- Aug 18 – 26, Kalmiopsis Wilderness trip from Babyfoot Lake Trailhead. Carpools leaving Portland, Ashland and Grants Pass on Aug 17. Caravan leaves Cave Junction at 7am on Aug 18, returns to Cave Junction at 6pm on Aug 26. This trip will represent the first known thru-hike of the Trans-Kalmiopsis Route since the 2002 Biscuit Fire. Spend your off-time cooling off in the Chetco’s wild tributaries.
- Aug 31 – Sept 4, Kalmiopsis Wilderness Babyfoot Lake Loop trip, dependent on interest. Spend four days camping from Babyfoot Lake and working a 5.5-mile loop around it.